- RSPB: the new RSPB CEO, Becky Speight, starts work on 19 August (I was rather hoping it would be the Inglorious 12th for a true taste of what the RSPB is up against).
- WCL: Elaine King, the CEO of Wildlife and Countryside Link, has moved on to the post of CEO of the Chilterns Conservation Board.
- Plantlife: Michael Krause is the Acting CEO of Plantlife as Marian Spain stays at Natural England for another period.
- Wildlife Trusts: Stephanie Hilborne is moving on from the Wildlife Trusts after 1`5 years to become CEO of Women in Sport.
- Icelandic whaling: the Icelandic government has officially issued a five year whaling permit to the whaling company Hvalur hf. Even though the company has stated that it won’t be hunting in 2019 it is likely that a portion of this year’s unused quota of 209 whales can be carried over to 2020.