- six dead raptors found in Ross-shire (BBC, RaptorPersecutionScotland).
- big moorland fire near Todmorden – probably hordes of Merlin not putting their fags out properly (see last item)
- Ospreys back at Loch Garten – veteran female EJ (such a lovely name) arrived back on Monday for the 12th year.
- Scottish Minister takes firm stance with moorland owners and managers
- I saw a ringtail Hen Harrier at Stanwick Lakes on Monday
- Wildlife Trusts launch e-action against badger cull
- Cats in the USA
- WWT wildlife weekly – with Bill Oddie (is quite amusing)
- The Moorland Association say that Merlins like moorland – an unimpressive study that wouldn’t stand up to much scrutiny but we look forward to the next in the series, the Hen Harrier, that bird most loved by the upland gamekeeper. How about an analysis of Hen Harrier SPAs?