I’ve been away for a few days and I’d love you to guess where I’ve been.
- worrying signs on the West Pennine Moors that development is planned (more on this later)
- a month ago, and 7000 signatures ago, I posted this and tomorrow morning the RSPB will reply here
- M&S are not responding with information on their ‘industry leading’ Code of Practice on grouse meat (more on this later)
- Our e-petition to ban driven grouse shooting has now passed 38,000 signatures (more on this this evening)
- I have news on an event at this year’s Bird Fair – more on this later in the week
- I have a list of newsletters etc who would like articles on why we should ban driven grouse shooting – the first are drafted and sent off – but please let me know if your group would like one too.
- A Scottish gamekeeper of Cabrach, Moray, has been charged in connection with shooting of a Hen Harrier
- the Hen Harrier Day event at Edale on 7 August will start at 11am.
- the Lead Ammunition Group website has been saying for ages that the risk assessments on lead will be published soon. Ahem! Where are they? But wherever they are…
- …Rory Stewart – why are you not responding to the report submitted to government by this group damn near a year ago?