The supporters of a ban on driven grouse shooting, are now 21,500 signatures ahead of the forces of conservatism who wish this unsustainable hobby of shooting birds for fun and profit to continue. We’ve pushed on by another 900 signatures in the last week.
But it’s not quite as simple as that, as there are three e-petitions including Ed Hutchings’s e-petition, supported by the RSPB, which suggests that there is a middle way of licensing grouse shooting.
And, the three petitions all started at different times and so have been running for different lengths of time and have different times remaining until they close.
Three e-petitions - how do they compare?
|Position||Signatures||Signs in last week||Days left|
|Jane Griggs||Pro||15,050||very few||74|
It looks as though by the time Gavin Gamble’s e-petition closes, Ed Hutchings’s e-petition might have overtaken the Jane Griggs e-petition – but the RSPB ‘support’ hasn’t got that e-petition rattling along very fast yet. Maybe soon?
Some of you guessed the number of signatutres with which Gavin Gamble’s e-petition would finish. Here are your guesses:
And here is a list of constituencies with over 100 signatures in favour of Gavin Gamble’s e-petition calling for a ban on driven grouse shooting. It’s becoming quite a long list, five constituencies have been added in the last week, and with three weeks to go it will get much longer in the sprint to the finish.
- High Peak, Ruth George MP, 188 signatures
- Sheffield Hallam, Jared O’Mara, 171 signatures
- Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey, Drew Hendry MP, 169 signatures
- Calder Valley, Craig Whittaker, 160 signatures
- Westmorland and Lonsdale, Tim Farron MP, 154 signatures
- Skipton and Ripon, Julian Smith MP, 152 signatures
- Ross, Skye and Lochaber, Ian Blackford MP, 146 signatures
- Sheffield Central, Paul Blomfield MP, 146 signatures
- Derbyshire Dales, Patrick McCloughlin MP, 144 signatures
- Isle of Wight, Bob Seeley MP, 145 signatures
- North Norfolk, Norman Lamb MP, 142 signatures
- Thirsk and Malton, Kevin Hollinrake MP, 142 signatures
- Stroud, David Drew MP, 142 signatures
- Richmond (Yorks), Rishi Sunar MP, 134 signatures
- Suffolk Coastal, Therese Coffey MP, 133 signatures
- rgyll and Bute, Brendan O’Hara MP, 132 signatures
- Wells, James Heappey MP, 128 signatures
- Somerton and Frome, David Warburton MP, 125 signatures
- South Norfolk, Richard Bacon MP, 122 signatures
- Penrith and The Border, Rory Stewart MP, 122 signatures
- South Cambridgeshire, Heidi Allen MP, 121 signatures
- Brighton Pavilion, Caroline Lucas MP, 120 signatures
- Ceredigion, Ben Lake MP, 118 signatures
- Bristol West, Thangam Debbonaire MP, 118 signatures
- Central Devon, Mel Stride MP, 117 signatures
- Mid Norfolk, George Freeman MP, 117 signatures
- Dumfries and Galloway, Alister Jack MP, 116 signatures
- Edinburgh North and Leith, Deidre Brock MP, 116 signatures
- East Lothian, Martin Whitfield MP, 112 signatures
- Lewes, Maria Caulfield MP, 111 signatures
- Ludlow, Philip Dunne MP, 109 signatures
- Harrogate and Knaresborough, Andrew Jones MP, 109 signatures
- Ochil and South Perthsire, Luke Graham MP, 107 signatures
- Norwich South, Clive Lewis MP, 107 signatures
- West Dorset, Oliver Letwin MP, 106 signatures
- Cambridge, Daniel Zeichner MP, 104 signatures
- Bridgwater and West Somerset, Ian Liddell-Grainger MP, 102 signatures
- Edinburgh South, Ian Murray MP, 100 signatures
- Broadland, Keith Simpson MP, 101 signatures
- Sheffield Heeley, Louise Haigh MP, 104 signatures
- North Somerset, Liam Fox MP, 102 signatures
- Edinburgh East, Ian Murray MP, 100 signatures
- Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweedsmuir, Ian Mundell MP, 100 signatures
If you want to see more sustainable land managment in the uplands and an end to wildlife crime then the outcome that will deliver that is certainly a ban on driven grouse shooting – so please sign Gavin Gamble’s e-petition which calls for a ban on driven grouse shooting.
- Posted in: e-petition to ban driven grouse shooting