- those who haven’t asked for leaflets
- those who have asked for leaflets and got them
- those who have asked for leaflets and not got them
This post is mostly of relevance to the third category of people, but is also of some relevance to the first two categories.
Demand has greatly outstripped supply, so some people are clamouring for leaflets but haven’t received any yet. However, more than 50,000 leaflets are now in circulation. As you may have read, I delivered over 5000 leaflets on Thursday to people who will distribute them (many of which have already been delivered – thank you so much!) and another 5500 or so were dispatched from the back of my car at Rainham Marshes on Saturday (thank you all too!).
The next big leaflet distribution will be at the Bird Fair on Friday 19 August, Saturday 20 August and Sunday 21 August. There will be leaflets to hand out to people at the Bird Fair and there will be packs of leaflets to take away to deliver to addresses near where you live. I won’t be sending out any more leaflets before then.
After the Bird Fair, I will evaluate the value and need for producing a lot more leaflets for a big push in September – perhaps we will be getting close to our 100,000 signature target. Perhaps the leaflets will say ‘We are very close to 100,000 signatures and securing a debate in parliament – we need your signature now!‘
We’ll also learn more about how well leaflets are working. The information I have so far, definitely shows that they bring in more signatures, but they seem to work better in some places than others – the folk in the Forest of Bowland seem to be doing a fantastic job (thank you!). I’d like to wait and gather more data before committing your money to a lot more leaflets.
Ah, yes, money. We have raised, solely from individual gifts, around £4000 for publicising our campaign – thank you so much for that support. Around £600 is still in the kitty and that can be used to fund leaflet production for the Bird Fair. The rest has been spent on; travel and subsistence for a film crew and others to make the Packham videos (most of which are still to be seen by you); leaflet production and distribution; boosting posts on Facebook to get to wider audiences. These activities have been partly responsible for the fantastic progress we have made in July and early August. Did you realise we have added 31,000 signatures in the last 39 days? There are 43 days left…
So, this is how you can help deliver our leaflet strategy up to the end of August:
- if you have a stand at the Bird Fair, would you be willing to have a pile of leaflets on your stand?
- if you are attending the Bird Fair would you be willing to deliver leaflets to stands and hand out a few to friends and acquaintances you meet on your travels around the marquees?
- if you are attending the Bird Fair would you be able to take away one or more packs of 250 leaflets and deliver them where you live/work/play?
- if you are not attending the Bird Fair, but would like leaflets to deliver, can you find someone else who is attending and ask them to pick up leaflets for you?
- if you are not attending the Bird Fair and don’t want any leaflets but have a yearning to help our campaign then could you donate a few quid to fund leaflet production and distribution please – just a few hundred quid, from the contributions of a few dozen donors, would give me a bit more confidence that we can do a good job and be in a very strong position at the end of August.
Please let me know if you have leaflet needs and/or can help by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are able to make a small donation – £5s from lots of different people would be great – then please donate here;[registration_form]