Following their announcement today, I’ve been in touch with the M&S press office and they say they’ll get back to me with clarification on these questions – later today. That’s very nice of them.
- can you please send me a copy of your code of practice for selling game meat?
- who are, or at least what is the expertise of, the ‘independent industry experts’ you have consulted?
- was the RSPB involved in the Code of Practice?
- are you stipulating that Red Grouse meat that you might sell in your stores is shot with non-toxic ammunition?
- have you read the summary of the Lead Ammunition Group report ? Presumably your experts referred you to it? see here http://www.leadammunitiongroup.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/LAG-Letter-to-SoS-Environment-030615_Redacted.pdf
- have you read the Oxford Lead symposium report? Presumably your experts referred you to it? see here http://oxfordleadsymposium.info/
- why would you want to sell the public meat which contains over 100 times the lead levels that would be legal for other meats? see here https://markavery.info/2016/01/31/lead-week-22-pbweekmia/
- will any Red Grouse meat sold in your stores be labelled ‘May contain very high levels of lead. Lead is a poison.’ or with any similar warning?
- do you plan to disclose the estates from which you source your Red Grouse?
- have you noticed that 35,000 people have asked the government to ban driven grouse shooting? see here https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125003