This sign is used for various country fairs across the land and it is used every year. As birders head north to the Norfolk coast to enjoy whatever migrants are hopping around in bushes between Holme and Cromer, many see this sign and it reminds them of…
- a Sandringham estate gamekeeper being convicted of setting an illegal trap which maimed a Tawny Owl in November 2007 (see Fighting for Birds p 196)
- the alleged shooting of two Hen Harriers at Dersingham Bog in 2007 (see Fighting for Birds p196-203, also p285, and Inglorious p120-124).
- A poisoned Sparrowhawk – see RaptorPersecutionUK
- A Goshawk dying in mysterious circumstances – see RaptorPersecutionUK and this blog
- Sally the Montagu’s Harrier near the Sandringham estate – see RaptorPersecutionUK
- Mo the Montagu’s Harrier near the Sandringham Estate – see RaptorPersecutionUK
The general area around Sandringham is clearly a dangerous area for raptors – Henry survived his visit.
- Posted in: Uncategorized