I’ve been enjoying the 15-minute series of programmes this week on Radio 4 called New Year Solutions which are about living more sustainably. They are non-preachy and seem to be pretty well-researched on the whole. There are five programmes as follows:
- Monday – meat – I thought this was very good.
- Tuesday – cars – I haven’t listened to this one yet.
- Wednesday – clothes – I thought this was good but I already do most of the things suggested (except put my jeans in the freezer)
- Thursday – water – again, good.
- Friday – space – I haven’t listened to this one as it has happened yet! You can catch it at 13:45 today
And less interesting, I thought, was this Media Programme episode which I listened to because Ian Gregory was one of the participants. That’s Ian Gregory whose campany Abzed featured in George Monbiot’s cracking article The Grouse Shooters Aim to Kill: the first casualty is the truth. It was interesting, though not that interesting, that Gregory portrayed himself as a defender of the little guys and standing up for the truth. Ho! ho! ho! – Merry Christmas! And, by the way, the YFTB website still has a couple of non-Hen Harriers illustrating its Hen Harrier page.