As part of your ‘Listening to Corby and east Northants‘ campaign I’m sure you would like to know how I feel about the possibility of a major development at Fineshade Wood. I’m against it!
I was glad to see that you too were against it when you were seeking election and I would like your assurance that you are still against it now that you are my MP. I am well aware that you have no formal role in this planning application (should it be re-submitted) by Forest Holidays (aided and abetted by the Forestry Commission – a non-ministerial government department) as it will be a matter for East Northants Council, but I would still like to know your position on this case.
In particular, I wonder whether you would be able to tell me:
- have you ever visited Fineshade Wood and talked to the residents there?
- have you seen the excellent website ‘Friends of Fineshade Wood‘?
- have you had any meetings with the Forestry Commission since you became an MP?
- have you had any meetings with the Forestry Commission where Fineshade Wood has been discussed since you became an MP?
- have you had any meetings with Natural England since you became an MP?
- have you had any meetings with Natural England where Fineshade Wood has been discussed since you became an MP?
- have you had any meetings with Forest Holidays since you became an MP?
- have you had any meetings with Curtin & Co, who we understand have been hired by Forest Holidays, since you became an MP?
I have scanned your Westminster reports that I receive regularly by email (for which – many thanks and well done for doing this) and I keep an eye on your activities in parliament through They Work for You (you don’t seem to me to have been as active as Andy Sawford but then you are probably still finding your feet) and I haven’t noticed any interest from you on these or other environmental issues. Or is that an unfair assessment?
PS You may notice that I have started another e-petition to ban driven grouse shooting which is supported by Chris Packham, Bill Oddie and the League Against Cruel Sports. In less than two days it has amassed over 5000 signatures. When I last looked, Corby was one of the constituencies where the initial response was strong.